How To Make The Pink Flamingo Chia Bowl
One of my favorite foods on earth is this refreshing antioxidant rich Flamingo bowl.
I named it flamingo because of the bright pink color that is natural to this bowl.
I also love this bowl because its so versatile. Some mornings I can make it like ice cream, other mornings I can make it more like a smoothie. Its amazing what you can do with blended fruit! Ill also teach you my secret to creating this heart. " Food Art" is what I like to call it.
- One Red Pytaia/Dragon Fruit
- One Banana
- A Handful of strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Cold Green Tea
- Chia Seeds
- Vanilla Almond Milk Yogurt
- Fresh or dried Fruit
- Poppy Seeds
First things first.
The night before prep
- Blend up your red dragon fruit the night before you are going to make your bowl & FREEZE IT!
- Brew green tea and chill in fridge for next mornings use.
You dont want to blend all of it together the night before because it wont come out as fresh, but having your dragon fruit frozen alone will cool down your bowl & add an sorbet effect.
Day Of Making Bowl
- Blend your frozen dragon fruit, hand full of strawberries & banana all together
- Add a small amount of green tea while you blend. Less than 1/4 a cup. Pour slowly, blend and taste to check consistency. You don't want it have too much liquid.
- Once the fruit is blended to the right consistency, add a tablespoon of chia seed & blend together.
- Move your blended fruit into the freezer for about 5 mins (as needed) This will help keep the right consistency. I like to do this while I prep my fresh fruit.
- Get you bowl ready, place chopped fresh fruit to the bottom of your bowl. Strawberries, bananas & pineapple are always good.
- Top off your fresh fruit with your blended fruit from the freezer.
- Add a dollop of your almond milk yogurt to the sides of your bowl.
- To make it artistic like, use a chop stick & swirl the almond milk yogurt together with the blended fruit until you create a swirling masterpiece!
- Once you are happy with your masterpiece, sprinkle on some poppy seeds, drizzle a little agave & drop some granola on top for a bit of crunch.
This meal is so delicious, beautiful and oh so healthy. This Flamingo bowl is antioxidant rich & your daily serving of fruit. Completely natural in color and mildly sweet. An excellent morning pick me up.
Make The Heart
Do this after you have finished step #8.
Now to create this magical edible heart, the only tool you need is a chop stick.
Dip your chopstick in the freshly blended fruit straight from the blender. You want to get the bright fruit right in the center. Draw a heart in your bowl just as you would on paper, but keep dipping that chop stick in the bright fruit from the blender until you get this result!
Whats your favorite fruit bowl or smoothie?
Please leave a comment below & have an amazing day!
Xx Caroline Flowers